This submission will cover issues relating to the:
- changes we support
- changes we have concerns about including:
- family placements, especially for tamariki Māori
- youth jurisdiction
- data sharing
- further matters including:
- affirming children’s participation rights
- lack of operational detail and overall coherence of the bill
- embedding an overarching strategy that respects and promotes children’s rights
- repealing section 238(1)(e)
- detaining young people in police cells.
Download a copy of the submission here.