Aim: To promote the rights of, and respect for, children and young people.
- To promote understanding and implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- To promote action on the recommendations of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child for Aotearoa New Zealand.
- To provide reports from NGOs in Aotearoa New Zealand to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- To promote opportunities for the voice and participation of children and youth.
- Anything else that will further these aims.
The values that underpin ACYA are respect for all people, respect for Te Tiriti O Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) and respect for the rights of children and youth.