The UNCRC 2010 reporting process involved a number of stages. An overview of the UNCRC reporting process and resulting reports are outlined below:
- ACYA launched its report – Children and Youth in Aotearoa 2010 - on 17th September 2010.
- UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) Pre-Working Session in Geneva was held on 7th October 2010. Two ACYA representatives met with the Committee and CYA 2010 was considered alongside other reports. For a Summary Report of this session click here.
- From that meeting the NZ Government was sent a List of Issues to which the Government responded with the following report.
- The Plenary Session was held in January 2011 to which ACYA sent a representative. For summary of that session click here.
- After this session the Committee released its Concluding Observations for New Zealand on 4th February 2011. The New Zealand government is expected to report on the implementation of the current observations in its next periodic report due in May 2015.
- Going forward: ACYA will create a post Concluding Observation strategy for on-going monitoring and development as an outcome of the 2010 ACYA workshop